Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Love as Life

I saw this written on an old bridge in a nearby state park.  So many people have hiked these trails and left pieces of themselves on this bridge for all who follow to enjoy.  Many of the thoughts left to linger on this wood touched upon a part of my soul, none more so than this.  Love requires nothing- only people to feel and grow from it.  I hope for a day when love will be the cornerstone upon which our civilization prospers.  It seems to me that love is forgotten lately, something of stories- once dreamt of but not made for our general reality.  Poets and musicians and writers abound with ideas of only needing love- I wish that was all we needed... we need to love ourselves, we need to love each other and we need to love this amazing, beautiful ever changing earth on which we live.  When we find the love for all that bring us together maybe we can find the key to our troubles.  Love all that you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment